ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE shatter effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Batool AliAE shatter effect
by on Jun 5, 2011 at 12:41:17 am

I am trying to make an animation and I need to use a similar effect as used in this video:

At 00:14 the pieces are flying within the word "eruption" and then coming out. How to do that?
And is it the shatter effect used? Please can you also detail on how they got the different colours?

Thank you very much

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: AE shatter effect
by on Jun 5, 2011 at 6:40:59 am

Looks like CC Pixel Poly.

Return to posts index

Anders HattneRe: AE shatter effect
by on Jun 6, 2011 at 10:41:46 am

or particular with a custom particle. Looks like it as later on there's a spiral shape of these triangles which seems to be lit and self shadow.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: AE shatter effect
by on Jun 6, 2011 at 5:24:51 pm

in addition to the effect mentioned, cc particle systems ii and cc particle world both have 'tripolygon' particle types that also resemble a lot of what was going on here. cc particle world is a 3d system, so the triangles would respond to 3d camera moves, which a fair amount of you sample does.

the girl figure made out of triangles could be done reasonably easily with particular 2... it would be a bit more challenging with 1.5, but it might be possible.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Amanda SmithRe: AE shatter effect
by on Jun 6, 2011 at 9:27:08 pm

CC Polyworld, or the shatter effect would do ya just fine. Guess you could use particle world, and change the particles to polygons.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved