ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Deleting/masking text from solid video layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikolai Metin
Deleting/masking text from solid video layer
on Jun 4, 2011 at 4:40:22 pm

Hi!
Here's my problem: I am re-editing someone's documentary and some original files were lost back in 2001. I'm working with the old exports of the project as footage. There is a unique shot that I MUST use, but it has subtitles in it already that I MUST get rid off somehow.
Basically if it was a photo I would use a clone stamp tool in photoshop and painstakingly work through it. There is about 40 secs of material that needs this kind of cleaning, so exporting an image sequence and photoshoping frame by frame is not an option.
Any suggestions on how to do it more efficiently in AE or other software?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Deleting/masking text from solid video layer
on Jun 4, 2011 at 6:53:14 pm

Are the 40 sec one long shot that does not change (camera does not move) or with a moving camera? It makes a world of difference to know that. Can you post a still or a few as an example?

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Nikolai Metin
on Jun 4, 2011 at 7:15:54 pm

There are three similar shots, two handheld(some movement) and one static. At least some movement behind the text on all shots.
I, actually, completely overestimated the duration. The parts of the shots that need fixing in sum are 11 secs.
40 secs was the total shots's duration which is irrelevant.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Jun 4, 2011 at 10:46:39 pm

There will be a lot of roto work. I doubt that you will be able to make it look like the text was not there at all- you may want to consider re-sizing the shots (with the quality loss that comes with that - maybe you can use Instant HD - Magic Bullet)or just blurring the text area

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]