ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

the best way to re-create the streaks growing out of a globe animation in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
abie silva
the best way to re-create the streaks growing out of a globe animation in AE
on Jun 3, 2011 at 2:20:30 pm

Please refer to the video below to see an example of an animation that I am bidding on for a client. I'd like to know what would be the most intuitive way to re-create the yellow streaks growing out of the globe in the animation in After Effects. I do not have access to 3D software at the office so that's out. Is there a plug-in that I can use to re-create these? Has anyone here done something similar? I was thinkig 3D Stroke or 3D Invigorator but I'm not sure. I appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you again community!

Return to posts index

abie silva
Re: the best way to re-create the streaks growing out of a globe animation in AE
on Jun 3, 2011 at 4:26:12 pm

After running a few tests, this is what I came up with. I think with a little tweaking this concept should work. If there is any more feedback, I'd like to hear it. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: the best way to re-create the streaks growing out of a globe animation in AE
on Jun 3, 2011 at 7:25:00 pm

The plugins you mentioned and the test you did will work. One other option is to use Particular with Lights as emitters. You can animate the lights in 3d space in AE and have the particles create a solid line or light streak (depending on the look you're after).

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

abie silva
on Jun 3, 2011 at 7:39:03 pm

Thank you! I appreciate your input. I had not thought about going the particular route. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]