ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Layer interaction problem in 2.5D Comp (Bug)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric GoldsteinLayer interaction problem in 2.5D Comp (Bug)
by on Jun 3, 2011 at 2:49:27 am

Hi,

I wrote last week about a lighting problem that occurred in a 2.5D project I'm working on. After trying many possible solutions that didin't work, I found that it wasn't lighting, but rather, as the camera moved, 2.5D objects I'd created (in this case a chair and a trailer), which were not intersecting with each other, would appear to intersect. This intersection looked like a dark shadow moving over the chair, but was actually the side of the trailer creeping over it as if I were moving the chair into the side of the trailer. This definitely some sort of bug, but I haven't found any sort of work around. I'm including a current render of the project as a reference.

Thanks for any help,

Eric

Eric Goldstein
Giraffe Film Company
Los Angeles
eric@giraffefilm.com

Return to posts index

Anders HattneRe: Layer interaction problem in 2.5D Comp (Bug)
by on Jun 3, 2011 at 9:08:11 am

Would be interesting to see the project file. 3d can be quite complicated and from what your saying, I suppose you have precomposed 3d layers, with the collapse transform on. Maybe the objects are in different 3d spaces?

Maybe this page has some solution?
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

Eric GoldsteinRe: Layer interaction problem in 2.5D Comp (Bug)
by on Jun 3, 2011 at 11:41:08 am

Hi Anders,

Thanks for your thoughts. I have been playing with the layer order, but will look again based on the article you referenced.

Best,

Eric

Eric Goldstein
Giraffe Film Company
Los Angeles
eric@giraffefilm.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]