ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Text destruction-

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alberto FontanaText destruction-
by on Jun 2, 2011 at 12:56:39 am

Hi guys! I had an idea about a logo animation, but i don't know exactly how to do it in after effects. If you look at the image posted you can understand what i want to do.

I start from the text "VIRTUAL" (1st frame). what i want to do is destroy the text, as you can see on the frame in the middle and animate the fragments of the text to create the logo on the third frame. Don't care about the circle with the "R". I just want to create the red squares around the red circle with the fragments.
Is it too complicate?

My idea was to use the effect "Pixel Polly" to destroy the text (that's what i did in the second frame), but i don't know exactly how to animate the fragments to create the logo.
Can anybody help me?
Thank you so much

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Text destruction-
by on Jun 2, 2011 at 4:06:13 pm

if you wanted to use pixel poly, to make the 2nd logo reform, you'd need to do pixel poly in reverse -- precomp the 2nd logo with pixel polly on it, then use layer>time>reverse time on the precomp to make the pieces come together.

the exploding pieces won't actually come back together, so you'll need a transition between the exploding 1st logo and the reforming 2nd.

if you really want to have the same pieces reform the second logo, you might try using card wipe. set one logo as the 'front' and the other as the 'back' then try animating the 'jitter' settings as the you animate the transition completion, so the pieces fly around as the cards flip to reveal the 2nd logo.

card dance is another option and can give more control that just jitter settings, however it uses gradient maps to drive the card manipulation which, if you haven't used compound effect much, has a bit of a learning curve, so you might seek out a few tutorials on it.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved