ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Always Preview This View

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil RobinsonAlways Preview This View
by on Jun 1, 2011 at 10:52:10 am

Hello, I'm using a 3 screen setup with AFX and use a AJA video card with a grade one monitor to preview the output. I recently discovered the Always Preview This View button, which I first thought great I can preview the main composition while working in a seperate comp ie a comp with shape layers fine tune it, change colours etc but see how that looks within in the main comp (Alyways Preview This View). It just doesn't resond live if you know what I mean I have to click the main comp for it to refresh which sort of defeats the reason for using it. Does anyone know if there is a setting somewhere to give live feedback on Always Preview This View? of course I could just build the shape layers and fine tune it in the main comp until I'm happy with it then Pre-compose it.

Neil R

Return to posts index

Steve RenardRe: Always Preview This View
by on Jun 1, 2011 at 1:20:29 pm

I'm not sure if you will be able to get a live update/preview on an output monitor, but you could open up another comp tab for your main comp, lock it, and then edit your sub-comp in another comp tab.

Return to posts index

Neil RobinsonRe: Always Preview This View
by on Jun 3, 2011 at 9:46:05 am

Thanks Steve, I've tried that and works fine. It doesn't respond live, but when you click off it does refresh. Cheers Neil

Neil R

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]