ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Grid Effect Blending Mode

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tristan Nieto
Grid Effect Blending Mode
on Jun 1, 2011 at 10:11:45 am

Hi all,

Did anyone ever solve the weird glitch with the Generate Grid effect where the blending modes stop working. Any mode other than None or Normal doesn't generate anything.

It was mentioned in this thread: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/991720 but not resolved, (or at least the solution wasn't posted).

Thanks

Tristan Nieto
Visual Effects & Motion Graphics
tristannieto.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Grid Effect Blending Mode
on Jun 1, 2011 at 10:31:37 am

I just tried the Grid and you're RIGHT! I'm on 10.0.1.19 . Have you updated to 10.0.2 which I think is the latest.

BTW, the best solution is to apply the Blending Mode in the Timeline, but you may have already figured that out.

Cheers
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Tristan Nieto
Re: Grid Effect Blending Mode
on Jun 1, 2011 at 11:32:15 am

Thanks Roland,

I actually only just upgraded to 10.0.2 - that may be where the trouble started. Didn't happen before the update, but I couldn't tell you what number my previous version was. Something old like 10.0.0.0.0.0.-5 or whatever.

There are plenty of solutions, but I noticed it because I've picked up an old project with about a million precomps and a squillion grids and I'd rather not have to go through and change each one.

Surprised more people haven't noticed it.

Tristan

Tristan Nieto
Visual Effects & Motion Graphics
tristannieto.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]