ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keir ShambleyAE TIFFIO Error
by on May 31, 2011 at 7:08:09 pm

I created an AE CS4 project on my MacBook Pro (OS 10.5.8). When I transfer the file to the clients Mac Tower I get a TIFFIO error message. Tower is (Quad Core Intel Xeon Processors) OS 10.6.7, also running AE CS4. The project is on a firewire drive. I don't think the TIFF files are corrupt because I can open the AE file from the firewire drive on my laptop without this issue. Does anyone know what to do to fix the problem?

Thank You!
P.S. I checked the FAQ and previous posts and did not find this issue. If this is a repost I apologize and request that you please direct me to the previous post.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE TIFFIO Error
by on May 31, 2011 at 8:19:37 pm

Since you're talking two Macs, I'd convert the TIFF image sequence you rendered to a PNG image sequence. Quicktime Pro can do it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Keir ShambleyRe: AE TIFFIO Error
by on Jun 1, 2011 at 5:02:32 pm

Thank you Dave.
I tried converting to PNG and I still get the TIFFIO error. They aren't image sequences, just single images. The error reads "AEGP Plugin TIFFIO: Failed to open the file ( 5027 :: 12 )" along with this error message "making file reference - file not found (-43). ( 3 :: 159 ). I also tried saving the files as JPG and PSD and still get this error. When the client can get the software from their tech dept. I am going to try and reload AE. Hopefully that will work. Have you any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Keir ShambleyRe: AE TIFFIO Error
by on Jun 2, 2011 at 8:00:01 pm

Thank you Dave. You were right. In case anyone else has this problem… I saved the files as JPGs, reconnected them in AE on the laptop I created the file with then was able to open the file on the clients computer. I'm sure that it would work with PNG or even PSD. This does not work if you try to reconnect the new files on the computer that gives the TIFFIO error.
Side note - The clients AE currently won't allow me to import TIFF files at all so I plan to reinstall. I will post the results when finished.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved