ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Graphics - Best Render Settings To 16/9 PAL in Final Cut Pro ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurent FalleoMotion Graphics - Best Render Settings To 16/9 PAL in Final Cut Pro ?
by on May 30, 2011 at 6:37:12 pm

Hey Everyone,

I am currently working on a documentary, that I'll edit in a Final Cut - 16/9 Pal Apple ProRes 422 Sequence.
I'm gonna have to do some motion graphics in After Effects for this purpose (Typography animation, Layer Thirds, Pictures Animations ...)

What format should I work on in After Effects to get the best kick-a** results in my Pal Sequence ?

Should I design everything in a HDTV 1920*1080 25p Sequence, and then throw everything via the Prores 422 Codec into my Pal Sequence and Render it all in Final Cut ?

Or should I design everything in plain 16*9 PAL, 1024*756 ? Or 720*576 Anamorphic ?

The problem is that my typos and graphics seem to look kinda ugly in PAL.

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Steve RenardRe: Motion Graphics - Best Render Settings To 16/9 PAL in Final Cut Pro ?
by on May 30, 2011 at 9:04:44 pm

I don't work in PAL much, but in my experience the best quality I've gotten with NTSC when dealing with a 16x9 anamorphic project has been to scale the horizontal value and lock the vertical value. ie - for a 720x486 anamorphic timeline in FCP, I would use an 864x486 comp in AE. Trying to have Final Cut scale down a 1920x1080 into an anamorphic timeline will be a render hog and the quality will not be very good, IMHO.

Cheers,
Steve

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Motion Graphics - Best Render Settings To 16/9 PAL in Final Cut Pro ?
by on Jun 1, 2011 at 1:02:44 am

What you render out of AE should be what your FCP sequence is expecting. If it's SD anamorphic then render out in AE accordingly. Your workflow should ideally be in square PAR, non-anamorphic, until the final step prior to rendering. You then nest the square PAR into an anamorphic comp (AE will scale automagically to fit the comp).

If your final output is SD then work in SD - 1050x576 (CS4 and newer) until the rendering step. Render out as ProRes.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]