ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Keyframe Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher MallanKeyframe Problem
by on May 29, 2011 at 5:36:11 pm

i am doing some really basic animation which involves moving an object from one side of the screen to the other, pausing for a second, then moving again. I havent always had this problem but when i want it to pause, i set a key frame one frame before the point where i want the object to move again and set it as the same values as when the image first paused, leaving it at the same point for x amount of frames. for some reason in the time that the image is paused the values alter as if they have a mind of their own and then return to the original value. is there a setting or something i should be aware of?

many thanks

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Keyframe Problem
by on May 29, 2011 at 6:19:31 pm

The issue is referred to as the boomerang effect. Aharon rabinowitz has a tutorial covering it, if you want to search the cow's tutorials...

To fix it, try selecting the keyframes, then choose animation>keyframe interpolation and set the spacial interpolation to linear.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Keyframe Problem
by on May 29, 2011 at 6:48:00 pm

There's more information here, including a link to the video from Aharon that Kevin mentioned.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Christopher MallanRe: Keyframe Problem
by on May 30, 2011 at 9:02:04 am

Great. Thought it would be something simple. Thanks for the swift reply!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Keyframe Problem
by on May 30, 2011 at 10:17:21 am

All good solutions there BUT, the way you're going about creating a pause is not the right way. The proper way to create pauses is to use the Hold keyframe. Check the links that Todd provided.

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved