ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Finding missing source files

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian WheelFinding missing source files
by on May 28, 2011 at 10:54:23 am

Hi all,

In upgrading my OS, a few of my drive letters changed around. I recently had to open an old AE project saved under the old drive structure, and many of my source files were missing (I created this project LONG before I discovered "Collect Files" so you can save that advice, thanks... lol).

I'm certain I HAVE the missing files, but they're off clipart CD's, and have very common filenames across the series.

For example, one of the 50+ missing files is CLIP0241.png -- If I search the drive with my clipart, I get over 200 matches for that file, all different images in different folders (because they were on different CD's).

I need to know what FOLDER the source file was in, and not just the filename. How can I find this out?

(I realize it would be easier to copy the clipart folders back to C: where they were originally and then do Collect Files, but that's impossible on my new tiny SSD drive)

If I could find out what folder each missing file was originally in, I could solve this problem in 10 minutes.

Thanks in advance.

----- Christian Wheel -----
Radio Host, Los Angeles/San Diego/Nationally Syndicated
Audio Production & Imaging
MS Visual Studio Developer
After Effects Enthusiast

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Finding missing source files
by on May 28, 2011 at 11:45:56 am

AE's Project Panel has a File Path column that points to the location of files including missing files.

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved