ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Image Sequence framerate weirdness

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morgan WhirledgeImage Sequence framerate weirdness
by on May 28, 2011 at 7:09:01 am

Such a strange thing: I bring in a time-lapse image sequence shot on my DSLR... my project is set up on 24fps... the comp drops every 4th frame, and therefor on export i get a subtly jerky and nauseating clip.

Here's the process: shoot a timelapse on my canon t3i with a remote timer. bring it into AE with import file. on inspecting the raw sequence all frames are there, but when brought into a comp at 24fps i can compare and every 4th frame is dropped.

The even weirder part (and maybe I'm just a super n00b and don't know what i'm doing) when I set the comp frame rate at 29.97, the frames re-appear. Seems like it wants to be on 29.97 all the time, and at 24 it just drops frames to compensate, but I'd like to get it so that every image in the sequence appears at 24fps.

any clues would be SO helpful!! I'm trying to get a sequence that can be exported and brought into FCP for editing.

p.s. I'm on CS4. I've tried adjusting the global project settings and comp settings. Like I said, maybe I'm missing something obvious....-

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Image Sequence framerate weirdness
by on May 28, 2011 at 2:29:27 pm

Right click on the sequence in the project window and then Interpret footage- see if AE interprets the footage at 29.97, if so, you can change that to 24. To have this done automatically in the future you have to change it in the Preferences.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Morgan WhirledgeRe: Image Sequence framerate weirdness
by on May 28, 2011 at 4:26:22 pm

Brilliant... that was it! Of course it was something incredibly obvious. Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved