ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problems with AE with 3D Photoshop layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Wall
Problems with AE with 3D Photoshop layers
on May 26, 2011 at 1:58:29 pm

I've been really struggling to figure out how to work with multiple 3D objects in a composition. It's a basic fence install video I'm trying to create. I've made the objects in Sketchup then imported them via Photoshop. Once I try putting them into my working composition the camera get's all weird (doesn't follow the 3D object like my other layers) and many other problems and irritations.

Overall my animation is really simple. Am I using the wrong program (AE) for doing multiple 3D objects?

If AE is capable.... Where is there a decent tutorial that covers this?

AW

Return to posts index

niccolo ungaro
Re: Problems with AE with 3D Photoshop layers
on May 26, 2011 at 2:25:43 pm

I sould understand a little bit better what you are trying to achive...
First of all if you use more than a 3d psd on the same comp it will be impossible (for what is my experience) to contrall all the movements....
So i suggest you should precompose or/and rendere rgb+alfa your first 3dpsd layer an than work from there on.... Some times for me it is useful to use a camera script as Simple camera ring from http://maltaannon.com/ or other to obtain a better mouvement....

example:

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Problems with AE with 3D Photoshop layers
on May 26, 2011 at 7:55:35 pm

3D psd files in AE- I did not have a happy experience myself. For multiple objects and a realistic workflow I use Zaxwerks Invigorator Pro.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]