ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

tracking data to clone stroke

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Johnsontracking data to clone stroke
by on May 26, 2011 at 1:20:11 pm

I'm having the hardest time getting this to work....

I have a talking head shot. The producer does not like the bags that are under the speaker's eyes. Easy, I can clone the bags out. So, starting from the first frame, I did a simple clone stroke to get rid of them; looks perfect. Now, I can't figure out how to get this clone stroke to follow throughout the clip. Additionally, there is a slow push in the shot.

I have position, scale, and rotation data already tracked, using the outside corners of his eyes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; yes, I have searched the archives and nothing I've found is working in this case (or I'm doing ti wrong).

Thanks.

Return to posts index

niccolo ungaroRe: tracking data to clone stroke
by on May 26, 2011 at 2:44:16 pm

Can't you use a masck instead ? Than use tracking to mask from mathias mohl script.
Giust dubble the layer make the mask as your clone data point, position it on the right spot... it should work fine and fast...!

Return to posts index

Mike JohnsonRe: tracking data to clone stroke
by on May 26, 2011 at 2:55:49 pm

Hmm. I suppose I could do it that way as well... I'll give it a try.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: tracking data to clone stroke
by on May 27, 2011 at 1:52:28 am

Here's a video that I made that demonstrates attaching tracking data to a Clone Stamp stroke:
http://www.video2brain.com/en/videos-1503.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Erik LindahlRe: tracking data to clone stroke
by on May 31, 2011 at 10:50:29 am

I've done a similar job but resorted to Mocha and tracking a 2D plane into the actors face. Worked like a charm.

I would love to see a more solid tracker / tracker feature-set in AE though. Feels very outdated. They should also add distortion(s) to a layers properties. At least corner pin data.

------------------------
Erik Lindahl
Freecloud Post Production Services
http://www.freecloud.se

Return to posts index

Mike JohnsonRe: tracking data to clone stroke
by on May 31, 2011 at 5:22:06 pm

Todd,

I had stumbled on your video in my searches. Unless I'm missing something, I don't think I could use that technique for my needs. I have a clone stroke (not a single point) that needs to correspond to beneath the subject's eyes. Additionally, the relationship will change over time when the camera zooms in.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]