ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Viktor's delayed Head Slice from "Underworld"/ "Piranha 3D" wire slice

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alec Tuckman
Viktor's delayed Head Slice from "Underworld"/ "Piranha 3D" wire slice
on May 25, 2011 at 5:25:05 pm

Does anyone know how they did either of these effects? I'd love to get anyone's input on this. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Viktor's delayed Head Slice from "Underworld"/ "Piranha 3D" wire slice
on May 25, 2011 at 5:36:48 pm

You write this as if the entire population of Planet Earth has played this game (or whatever it is) and knows precisely what you're talking about. I hate to bust your bubble, but they don't.

Please provide a link or a screenshot to give people here a fighting chance to offer help.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tim Drage
on May 26, 2011 at 10:44:55 am

To be fair these are both recent mainstream FX-heavy hollywood movies so it's not too much of a stretch to imagine people on an effects software forum would have heard of them.

But yeah examples would be good, I have no idea what scenes you mean either, tho I'm guessing it's some kind of samurai/anime-esque thing where people get chopped up by invisible wires then fall apart slowly afterwards, and also that it's done with a combination of expensive CGI and prosthetics, not in AE and not as any one simple effect/technique. :-S Be more specific and maybe we can come up with some ideas tho. :)

Return to posts index

William Binford
on Aug 5, 2014 at 6:33:18 am

He was talking about an effect where Victor's head is sliced clean through and after a few blinks, the top part of his head slides off at an angle, showing the inside of his skull/jaw

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]