ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to import 3D Text animation with shatter effects, from Cinema4D 12 to After Effects CS5?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dane BozicHow to import 3D Text animation with shatter effects, from Cinema4D 12 to After Effects CS5?
by on May 25, 2011 at 4:42:12 pm

Hi all!

I have a some kind of problem with Cinema4D and After Effects. I made some 3D Text title animation in Cinema4D (text is 3D and extruded with Extrude NURBS and have shatter and explode effects, camera movement and lights). I want to import that animation into After Effects and then in After Effects to only change text title, but to keep that shatter and explosion effects made in Cinema4D. Is that posible? I just want to be able to change text title in After Effects, with all that effects (shatter and explosion)made in Cinema4D.
Sorry if my english is not so good, it's not my matter language...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: How to import 3D Text animation with shatter effects, from Cinema4D 12 to After Effects CS5?
by on May 25, 2011 at 4:56:46 pm

[Dane Bozic] "Is that posible? I just want to be able to change text title in After Effects, with all that effects (shatter and explosion)made in Cinema4D."

That's not possible. C4D doesn't export effects to AE; it exports rendered frames/video, and camera and lighting information so you can composite additional elements in.

In other words, C4D actually does the 3D text and effects. AE gets those as flat 2D layers, and it gets the camera and lights so that other elements in AE can appear in the same 3D space.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Dane BozicRe: How to import 3D Text animation with shatter effects, from Cinema4D 12 to After Effects CS5?
by on May 25, 2011 at 5:19:59 pm

Ok, thank you for answering, i thought olso that it's not posible but first to ask someone with more experience.

Greetings!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to import 3D Text animation with shatter effects, from Cinema4D 12 to After Effects CS5?
by on May 25, 2011 at 5:27:17 pm

[Dane Bozic] " I want to import that animation into After Effects and then in After Effects to only change text title, but to keep that shatter and explosion effects made in Cinema4D. Is that posible?"

I'm sorry, it is not possible. You need to do the work in C4D.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]