ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Trapcode Particular and Form

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben le tourneauTrapcode Particular and Form
by on May 24, 2011 at 2:40:36 pm

Hello Guys

Just been banging my head several times on the table and have come to the end of my RND.

Please can some one help me even if its to say your mental and that can't be done. I NEED CLOSURE.

I'm trying to Emit from a single point using Trapcode particular and I want the particles to form a human shape.

I have some keyed footage and I have created the shape using form. However what my true desired effect is.......

For a single point to emit a spray and over time the density builds up to a human particle shape.

Any thoughts cleaver people.

Thanks for taking the time to read this brain fart.

All the best

Ben Le Tourneau

Ben Le Tourneau

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Trapcode Particular and Form
by on May 24, 2011 at 2:46:41 pm

The only way I can think of to achieve this is to use the human shape as the emitter and then use the Spherical Field under the Air Physics properties to 'suck' all of the particles in to one point.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

ben le tourneauRe: Trapcode Particular and Form
by on May 24, 2011 at 3:08:52 pm

Cheers Darby

I did try something like that but sadly it just didn't give me the desired effect.

Thanks ever so much for the idea though.

Ben Le Tourneau

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Trapcode Particular and Form
by on Jun 21, 2011 at 1:35:32 pm

Do the effect in reverse. Follow any text to sand or disintegration tutorial and using the physics of Particular, spherical force field in Particular (set to a negative number), and some extra distortion effects (bezier warp maybe?) to make all the particles go to a specific point.

Precomp it.

Time reverse the precomp.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved