ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

looking for a plugin with "fluid mask"-like features

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
juergen schuettelooking for a plugin with "fluid mask"-like features
by on May 23, 2011 at 1:12:50 am

hello

got a big roto project going and planned on solving "the hair problem" in close up shots using fluid mask, masking the actual frames one by one

i don't know if you are familiar with fluid mask, it's a masking tool for still images, you tell the program what parts of the image you want to keep (paint it green) and what parts need to be deleted (paint it red) and you can tell the program where to apply some sort of transition works great for hair, leaves, etc. (paint it blue)

to save some or actually i lot of time i'd like to know if anyone knows a plugin (ae) or a stand alone program with similar features for moving images...

so long

juergen

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: looking for a plugin with "fluid mask"-like features
by on May 23, 2011 at 9:41:32 am

AE's Rotobrush (CS5 or newer) would be the closest match I can think of. You may also load a QT into Photoshop and work on the footage in Photoshop.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

juergen schuetteRe: looking for a plugin with "fluid mask"-like features
by on May 23, 2011 at 11:08:45 am

hmm... thanks for your reply...

fluidmaks is way superior to rotobrush's "improved edges" ... spent a little time on rotobrush never got clean results though ...

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: looking for a plugin with "fluid mask"-like features
by on May 23, 2011 at 6:37:59 pm

[juergen schuette] "fluidmaks is way superior to rotobrush's "improved edges" ... spent a little time on rotobrush never got clean results though ..."

Rotobrush is a little arcane, but I've gotten acceptable results from it. I think some of the standard practices with keying also apply here in that you'll want to treat your footage differently for the edges and the core.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

juergen schuetteRe: looking for a plugin with "fluid mask"-like features
by on May 25, 2011 at 5:14:59 pm

right now i'm using imagineer's mocha for after effects but the human body (especially when movement is involved) is hard work...
keying didn't work well... too diverse backgrounds... too similar colors in background and foreground..etc.

i think i'll stick with the idea of doing hair in close up shots with fluid mask .. gonna be a lot of time i'll spend on drawing masks :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]