ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Spec Delivery Query

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat Bray
Spec Delivery Query
on May 19, 2011 at 5:07:09 pm

Hi

I've been asked to deliver to this spec but its an aspect I've not worked in before, any advice would be great:

HD DATA as DPX, Tiff or Targa Sequence, prepared with the correct ratios for cinema projection (I believe they are shooting, 2.40:1)

I usually work at HD 1920x1080 (sq pixels) for broadcast not cinema....

P

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Spec Delivery Query
on May 19, 2011 at 5:48:35 pm

[Pat Bray] "HD DATA as DPX, Tiff or Targa Sequence, prepared with the correct ratios for cinema projection (I believe they are shooting, 2.40:1)"

As I'm sure you've noticed -- this is not a very specific spec!

I'd ask what exact pixel dimensions they expect you to deliver. I'm not clear if HD is supposed to stand for high-definition or hard drive.

If you deliver DPX, you should find out whether they expect log or lin DPX files. If you deliver TIFF, you should find out whether they expect 8 or 16 bit TIFF. Targa is 8-bit only, so that one is pretty straightforward once you know the resolution -- but if the system can handle the additional depth, you could work in 16bpc in AE and deliver DPX or 16-bit TIFF.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Pat Bray
Re: Spec Delivery Query
on May 20, 2011 at 2:41:46 pm

Thanks for your comment, I know, the reply I had was a bit flakey! Still trying to find out what they want, hopefully someone will tell me soon!

Cheers

Pat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]