ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

pre-comp slices character

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gary Jarvis
pre-comp slices character
on May 19, 2011 at 1:12:12 pm

Morning all,

So, I have this bouncing character which I animated then converted to a pre-comp, I then placed it below the screen to have it gradually bounce into full view. I set the position then moved the timeline to the point where I wanted the character to be in full view, I then tried to place the character in the centre of my screen only all I am getting is the head, it seems that the process is decapitating my character.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please?

Tks

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: pre-comp slices character
on May 19, 2011 at 1:57:40 pm

[gary Jarvis] "So, I have this bouncing character which I animated then converted to a pre-comp, I then placed it below the screen to have it gradually bounce into full view. I set the position then moved the timeline to the point where I wanted the character to be in full view, I then tried to place the character in the centre of my screen only all I am getting is the head, it seems that the process is decapitating my character."

Does the character fit in the pre-comp? If he's cut off on the edges inside the pre-comp, he'll be cut off on the main comp, because AE normally treats comps like any other raster layer.

You can turn on the Collapse Transformations switch [link] to let elements from the precomp flow into the main comp (getting around the above limitation), or you can adjust the character to fit your pre-comp and leave Collapse Transformations off -- it all depends on how you need the precomp to work in your main comp.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]