ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trapcode Particular stops responding to camera when nested.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eoin RyanTrapcode Particular stops responding to camera when nested.
by on May 19, 2011 at 12:35:53 pm

Hello,

I'm having a problem with Pre-comping Trapcode Particular. I have a nice 3D spiral path along which my particles are flowing, and a camera which moves through the centre of the spiral. All of this works fine and dandy in it's own comp, but when I pre-comp the motion path and particle layer they stop responding to the camera. I have tried it with and without collapse transformations, and as a 3D layer but to no avail.

I want to Pre-comp so I can rotate it and have multiple instances of the spiral.

It's prob something very obvious, can anyone help?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Trapcode Particular stops responding to camera when nested.
by on May 19, 2011 at 12:59:44 pm

If you precomp then it will not work- Particular needs to be in the same comp as the camera. What you can do is to have a Light set as an Emitter to generate the particles and follow the path. Then you can just duplicate the light and offset it to get multiple instances of the spiral you have created.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Eoin RyanRe: Trapcode Particular stops responding to camera when nested.
by on May 19, 2011 at 1:33:03 pm

Thanks ted, that works for multiple instances, but only ones that move in the same direction, I was hoping to pre-comp it so I could flip it and have the two spirals moving in opposite directions. Any idea how I could do that without having to draw another path?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Trapcode Particular stops responding to camera when nested.
by on May 19, 2011 at 1:51:56 pm

[Eoin Ryan] "Thanks ted, that works for multiple instances, but only ones that move in the same direction, I was hoping to pre-comp it so I could flip it and have the two spirals moving in opposite directions. Any idea how I could do that without having to draw another path?"

You could parent one of the lights/emitters to a 3D null, then adjust the null's orientation.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]