ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Auto Oriented camera swings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adhish YajnikAuto Oriented camera swings
by on May 18, 2011 at 2:41:04 am

I'm doing a 3D camera move through a bunch of alphabet letters suspended in 3D space. The camera moves backwards through the letters, moves through a few of them (like the hole of an 'O' or a 'D') until finally it comes to rest at a point where all the letters come together to form a logo in a sort of parallax effect.

The problem I'm having is that when I set the camera to Auto-Orient Along Path, the camera orientation swings abruptly from one side to the other whenever the camera's path curves. The path doesn't have any hard corners at the keyframes--it is made up of smooth curves. So I'm at a loss why the camera orientation swings around so much at the keyframes and how to smooth that out. I can't make the keyframes rove across time because the option is grayed out... any idea why?

~ Adhish

Return to posts index

jeremy mintonRe: Auto Oriented camera swings
by on May 18, 2011 at 8:23:16 pm

Make sure the direction handles at the vertexes of your motion path they aren't twisted in the wrong direction. That usually does the trick for me.

Rove across time only applies to keyframes between the first and last keyframe. So if you only have 2 keyframes on your path then Rove Across Time will be unavailable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved