ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE QT Reference issue...artifacting or corrupt?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron DeJoseph
AE QT Reference issue...artifacting or corrupt?
on May 17, 2011 at 4:06:43 pm

Having an issue inside AE CS5...mac based...10.6.5

Creating a project in Avid MC 5.5...captured 30i...broadcast tv world...final product ntsc d1

Exporting via Automatic Duck...aaf...it creates a qt reference file

PIC 1 AND 1.1
Here are pics of the qt reference file in my qt player...hard to tell from pic, but it looks like there is a field issue...I realize that this is a qt reference and that this was captured 30i, so is this normal for a qt reference to look interlaced?

PIC 2 AND 2.2

When duck imports the qt reference it imports with lower field for the SD footage

PIC 3 AND 3.3

Look at the artifacting I'm getting on the edges of my video!!!!! Crinkly lines...plus there's little black speckles in it.

FINAL PIC

here is the artifacting i'm getting

Now, when i have no field separation...there is no crinkly lines/speckles...but of course it's unusable

A Duck says it's not their software....other macs in my building don't have the same issue....What do you think this is?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE QT Reference issue...artifacting or corrupt?
on May 17, 2011 at 6:14:54 pm

In all that you've shown us, the only reason I see to use AE is to make the animated lower-third. Why'd you bring the whole thing in? You're just unnecessarily eating up valuable render time on what would seem to be a cuts-only sweeps piece (see sig).

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ron DeJoseph
on May 17, 2011 at 6:18:05 pm

Dave,

I showed you a full screen, non-composite shot so you could see the plain video edges clearly (as clearly as you can for the small pic size allowed to upload!)

My series pieces are heavily composited

Can you think of any reason for the artifacting/corrupted edges?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 17, 2011 at 6:26:23 pm

You're not interpreting field order correctly, and you're not rendering in the correct field order, then. For D1 video (720X486), that's lower field first.

And you can NOT judge the quality of the render from AE in a simple viewer. You have to look at it in your NLE, on a real video monitor.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ron DeJoseph
on May 17, 2011 at 6:48:23 pm

I don't think you can see the edges of the video in the pics attached clearly enough, perhaps i should have zoomed into the comp window tighter...there are rough edges all along the raster...this is the problem.

the last pic in the post is what the final result looks like...and that pic is from qt player...and it looks the same inside avid

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]