ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Very basic lip sync

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liam StirlandVery basic lip sync
by on May 17, 2011 at 3:56:24 pm

Hi all, tearing my hair out over this one, i know its possible because i managed it many moons ago, trouble is i cant for the life of me remember how i did it!!

Ive got a nested pre comp 2 frames long, frame 1 has a closed mouth on it and frame 2 an open one, ive converted spoken word audio to keyframes and now need to connect the keyframes to the nested precomp using the time remap function so that when audio is detected it plays the open mouth frame, and when there is no audio it plays the closed mouth frame, i remember it been very easy to do, any help would be appreciated!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Very basic lip sync
by on May 17, 2011 at 4:24:07 pm

Maybe if you had two layers in the precomp (one mouth open the other mouth closed)and link the opacity of the top layer to the keyframes.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Very basic lip sync
by on May 17, 2011 at 5:10:52 pm

[Liam Stirland] "ive converted spoken word audio to keyframes and now need to connect the keyframes to the nested precomp using the time remap function so that when audio is detected it plays the open mouth frame, and when there is no audio it plays the closed mouth frame"

Alt-click the stopwatch on time-remapping to enter an expression.

It'll be something like this:

if (thisComp.layer("Audio Amplitude").effect("Both Channels")("Slider") > 10) framesToTime(1) else framesToTime(0)

Tweak that number 10 (or link it to a keyframeable Slider effect [link]) as necessary.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Liam StirlandRe: Very basic lip sync
by on May 18, 2011 at 9:47:06 am

I'd got my expression completely wrong ! sorted now cheers for that!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]