ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

center cut

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wilky Blackcenter cut
by on May 17, 2011 at 2:59:17 pm

does anybody have the pixel deminsions for center cut?

we are still on cs3, i've heard that cs4 or cs5 have a center cut title safe preset. could someone create a solid that matches that cutoff and tell me the pixels size?

thanks so much for any help!

wilky black

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: center cut
by on May 17, 2011 at 3:09:04 pm

I made one myself in 720 for AE 8 using a semi-transparent solid , some non-closed masks (aka paths) and the Stroke effect.

Use 960x720 SQUARE PIXELS for 720, and 1440x1080 SQUARE PIXELS for 1080. Turn on Title/Action Safe and just replicate the lines using the masks. It takes 5 minutes.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: center cut
by on May 18, 2011 at 3:04:22 am

In After Effects CS5, the center-cut action-safe margin is 32.5% (16.25% on each side), and the center-cut title-safe margin is 40% (20% on each side).

(from After Effects Help)

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Jim ThomsonRe: center cut
by on Dec 14, 2011 at 8:52:15 pm

Is there a way to toggle on/off just the center-cut zones? For some reason they are missing and I need them for my work. I can see where to adjust all the zone values in preferences but only regular title/action safe zones appear. My coworker can view all four zones just fine and he has the same setup I do. (Mac osx 10.7, CS5.5)

Return to posts index

George SmythRe: center cut
by on Apr 7, 2014 at 11:14:08 am

Jim - it's near 3 years later and I've just come across the same problem in CS6. Did you find how to get them back??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved