ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to combine "Card transition effect" with "radial wipe" ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele BusielloHow to combine "Card transition effect" with "radial wipe" ?
by on May 15, 2011 at 4:34:26 pm

Hi!

the result i want to achieve is hard to explain. i give my best :)
here is the problem: i want to make a circle dissapear in pieces, clockwise in a "radial transition" fascion (like a 360° hand fan http://alturl.com/xisvc is it possible to somehow combine the "card transition" effect with a radial wipe ? I know i could do this by hand..but it would be too much work!

Return to posts index

Jason MettlerRe: How to combine "Card transition effect" with "radial wipe" ?
by on May 15, 2011 at 4:52:56 pm

Can you make as many comps of the circle as you want 'pieces' and then apply the radial wipe to a static percent (such as 15%,20%, etc)on each layer and then just sequence them to run one after the other until the circle is gone?

Return to posts index

Michele BusielloRe: How to combine "Card transition effect" with "radial wipe" ?
by on May 15, 2011 at 4:53:11 pm

thanks for your quick reply..but your solution comes very close to "do it manually" ;)

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: How to combine "Card transition effect" with "radial wipe" ?
by on May 15, 2011 at 10:03:32 pm

Card wipe can use a 2nd layer as a gradient map, and the gradient map can be used to determine flip order. So I think you can create a comp that does the radial wipe that you want, then used that radial wipe comp as the gradient map for card wipe.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to combine "Card transition effect" with "radial wipe" ?
by on May 16, 2011 at 5:51:46 pm

[Michele Busiello] "....your solution comes very close to "do it manually" "

You description is a little vague, but it sounds like you want to split different pieces of video in pie-chart-like pieces. From a point of rotation at the center of the imaginary pie chart, you want these pieces to slide behind each other, either opening or closing as a fan does.

I don't know of any plugin or effect that'll do THAT.

If that's what you're after, the job indeed is "do it manually", but it's not that tough: set the anchor points of the pie chart slices to their pointed ends, use them as track mattes for the video layers, parent the video layers to their corresponding pie chart slices, and then animate the slices' rotation.

Additional movement can be provided with a null object whose anchor point is positioned the same as the pie chart slices, and to which the pie chart slices have been parented.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]