ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Form/Particular and alignment with C4d aec camera data.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett CelinskiForm/Particular and alignment with C4d aec camera data.
by on May 15, 2011 at 10:07:26 am

Hey cow. I'm working on an animation with imported camera data from cinema 4d and I'm trying to get particles made with Form to align correctly in the same 3d world the camera inhabits. Pasting the camera's position keyframes of course doesn't work because of trapcode things being really 2d and having two different position values.

I believe the problem may be my scene size in c4d. I'm reading on a thread with a similar problem that ae and c4d calculate units differently and therefore my c4d scene file is too small compared to the ae world space.

The animation is of a twisting, curving track in the sky. I rendered the c4d animation separately and the only reason I imported the aec is so it looks like the Form particles are racing along with the track of the camera. I suppose what I would like is to have the particles sync with the camera's movements and then gradually stop as the camera flies through them.

What do I need to do? parent my aec files to an ae null and scale them? expressions? rescaling my c4d scene and then overwriting the aec file? Thanks as always.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Form/Particular and alignment with C4d aec camera data.
by on May 16, 2011 at 4:20:18 pm

You have the Form effect applied to a 2d layer, right?
Make sure the layer is the same size and pixel aspec ratio as your comp.
If that's all correct, what exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to get the Form particles to travel with the camera?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved