ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How preventing to ramprevieuw over and over

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anilio SweetHow preventing to ramprevieuw over and over
by on May 13, 2011 at 6:17:02 pm

Hi Guy's and Girls how are you all doing,

Dont no what happend, but as said i sstarted from scratch with the original bought trailer. And now AFX is doing "normal" it doesnt takes 10min to render 10 sec, now its just 3/4 min what is in my case ""normal speed"" due my pc specs. and also rendering in render Que is oke at normal speed, just as i am used of afx.

Workflow is just fine, adjusting keypoints is alsno no problem.
Yippppiieee

(Long story ive someone doesnt know wat happend, my pc took 17 hours to render 40 sec video )

But i had a another question, since i am already here :P:P
I am adjusting everything from scratch so.. each time i adjust a keypoint or so... and i want to see how it looks i have to ramprevieuw it, but it start the whole time from second 0. That is oke beachause i want to see it from the start, but wat i dont want is that if i changes someting one say the 6sec a keypoint, i dont want that whats been already renderd out (the first 5 sec in this case)to render again, even i didn't made changes there??
Isnt there some thing that AFX can remember what he already renderd out so it doens't has to render each time from beginning??

Does it makes sence my question??
It time consuming.. and more becaese my pc isnt that fast.

Thanks again!!!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How preventing to ramprevieuw over and over
by on May 13, 2011 at 6:56:40 pm

If the attributes you are changing affect only what comes after what you already have rendered in RAM preview, AE will keep the rendered frames, but most likely changing a keyframe will affect the whole layer and thus the whole comp, so AE starts again.
If you just want to see the change you made with only a few frames before, all you need to do is set the Work Area (on top of the layers in the timeline window) to the points you want as in and out. AE will render only that part for preview.
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Anilio SweetRe: How preventing to ramprevieuw over and over
by on May 13, 2011 at 7:04:18 pm

Thanks Ted,

Yess i already knew about the workarea.. but i like to see it from start beacuase of the sound beat and to know weer to changes thing..

But if that is the case, i just have to keep rendering out from the start each time.

I think that there was something wrong with AFX, about my previous topic.. rendering takes 17hours for 40 sec.

Because it is still 1980x1080 my comps but it is from the orginal.
But rendering is now very fast.. thanks for al the hulp!!

Return to posts index

by on May 13, 2011 at 9:34:41 pm

If you want to determine where the audio queues are for your animation you can just hit the"." key on your numbers pad from your keyboard- that will play audio only, and then hit the"*" key whenever you hear a queue in the audio (like base or drum beat). This will set markers on your audio layer that you can use then to animate.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

by on May 15, 2011 at 11:45:30 am

Hi Ted,

Thank you for the heads up.. this was verry helpfull.. never new this..
Saves time.. its not 100% accurate, but i will use this.. i just animate 5frames before the marker and then its working just fine.

i've made the trailer over and took 4hours rendering on half quality but i am happy about this... i will post the link, feel free to look ad it and if you you any suggestions to make it better looking.. i am happy to hear about it.. even if its not good i like to heare what youve all think about it!!

Thanks for all you and everybody's help!!

Anilio
Blessings

Return to posts index

by on May 15, 2011 at 11:55:59 am

I yaaehh forgot something to tell it is in "Dutch""
and the i am waiting for the reel wav/mp3 file.. to replace the sound that i used here!!

Got to reder that one out ... again.. but still have to adjust the features of the "flipmode magazine"" because that is where is going about :):)

Return to posts index

by on May 15, 2011 at 10:30:31 pm

Glad it was useful - the link did not work because the content is classified as "private" so I'm not able to see it.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

by on May 15, 2011 at 11:52:01 pm

Hmmm strange... i see the video in the post

if you copy and paste this link in your web browser it should work

http://www.youtube.com/user/RoanMediaTrailers?feature=mhee

Once again thanks... and waiting for your input!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]