ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Exploding Logo Technique

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason NelsonAfter Effects Exploding Logo Technique
by on May 12, 2011 at 5:25:54 pm

I'm new to the forums, and a colleague said I could find the answers to my question here. I'm working with a client who wants the following to take place. Anyone have any ideas on plug ins, tutorials, etc that could help me accomplish this? I'm using After Effects CS5.

From the client:

What I need is:
1. The circle logo "explodes" into a bunch of tiny parts.
2. The parts then expand out to the edges of the frame.
3. The parts then go into a suspended animation sort of thing.
4. After suspending for about a second, they come back together as the square logo.
5. After the square logo displays for a few seconds, the same thing happened with the transition from the square logo to the final text.

The client wants "great" so any help you can offer would be awesome!

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: After Effects Exploding Logo Technique
by on May 12, 2011 at 6:05:12 pm

Depending on your needs, Shatter and Time Remapping may suffice.

Apply Shatter to the Logo and control the timing using either the Radius or Depth of Force 1. Choose a shape and number of repetitions to taste.

Use the Viscosity setting to slow the particles.

Place this in another Comp and apply Time Remapping to reverse the explosion when you want.

You can add other particles, flares and glows.

See this quick'n'dirty example.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: After Effects Exploding Logo Technique
by on May 12, 2011 at 6:08:19 pm

This tutorial may help:
It is using a stock AE particle system. You can create 2 animations of the logos exploding and reverse the second one. The trick will be transitioning from one to the other. One suggestion is to work at a high frame rate and render that out and then import in a standard frame rate comp and you will get the explosion in slow motion. You can then time remap that in order to slow down the explosion to the end. You can even have the camera change perspective while you transition between the two explosions.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Jason NelsonRe: After Effects Exploding Logo Technique
by on May 12, 2011 at 8:06:22 pm

Thanks Ted! Your solution totally helped me out and the client LOVED it and said I nailed it. I appreciate it buddy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved