ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

C4D to AE Problem Please support me!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guido AgüeroC4D to AE Problem Please support me!
by on May 12, 2011 at 4:58:22 pm

Hello Everyone! I am new in this site and hope someone could help me!!!

I hope you can understand my English cause i am from Costa Rica and i guess that's not the good one.

I have exported from C4D R12 a project for using in After Effects CS5.

I have a rectangle and I create a plane with the same size of the rectangle and I put it on top of it so I can add an image or video in AE. (Like a TV Screen)
also apply the compositing tag with object buffer #1 activated and also apply an external compositing tag to the plane. It's supposed that C4D will export every movement that the plane make so AE can work with it. yeah??

Everything is going well so far.

But when I open the Project saved from C4D, the null object (the plane) is pointing to another direction and when i apply an image the image is rotate 90 degrees vertically and i can not adjust the rotation of it. I mean the image is not in the face of the screen. It's like rotated 90 degrees vertically.

I need to know how to rotate the image or the null in AE so the image is in the FACE of the rectangle. not 90 degrees vertically.

Hope you can help me.....

Return to posts index

Jeremy AllenRe: C4D to AE Problem Please support me!
by on May 12, 2011 at 5:28:43 pm

This is a pretty common issue when going from C4D to AE if you don't maintain C4D's default orientation to the world axis. You should be able to rotate your AE null's orientation by 90˚ and then parent your video to it.

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 18GB RAM, OSX 10.5.8

C4D 11.5
AE CS5 (10.0.2.4)
FCP 7.0.3
QT 7.6.4

Return to posts index

Guido AgüeroRe: C4D to AE Problem Please support me!
by on May 12, 2011 at 5:44:37 pm

Hey jeremy Thanks for the fast reply! I really appreciate it..

Ok there is something that I am not understanding yet.

how can i maintain the world axis default orientation?

i haven't touched anything in C4D I just create a rectangle and rotate it and create a plane to project in AE.

so what i am doing wrong?

or how can I do what you suggest me?

Is that relate with the option in C4D "Use World/Object coordinate system"?
Really sorry for my English.

Return to posts index

Jeremy AllenRe: C4D to AE Problem Please support me!
by on May 12, 2011 at 6:34:27 pm

[Guido Agüero] "i haven't touched anything in C4D I just create a rectangle and rotate it and create a plane to project in AE.

so what i am doing wrong?"

The simple solution is to rotate the null's orientation 90˚ inside AE. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about C4D can tell you exactly why this happens.

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 18GB RAM, OSX 10.5.8

C4D 11.5
AE CS5 (10.0.2.4)
FCP 7.0.3
QT 7.6.4

Return to posts index

by on May 12, 2011 at 6:42:51 pm

Thanks anyways Jeremy I appreciate your help.

I guess I discover something in C4D.

And it's about the option "word/object coordinate system"

I used word C System. and get back to AE and that worked in this project.

But another one that I need to do the same doesn't...

Why don't know but at least I guess i am closer to get this done

Really thanks for supporting me...

Return to posts index

Josemarcos GananRe: C4D to AE Problem Please support me!
by on May 13, 2011 at 4:53:05 pm

The best for this, I think, is to put a light turned off in the position of the plane (and instead the plane) in C4D, and then in after effect, in the cinema comp, make a 3d layer with the video and copy and paste the position of the light to the video. Once in place, you can adjust all for thah 3d layer, and it will be in the perfect place in the 3d composition using the objects buffer masks correctly. (and my english is poorest than yours, sorry)

Poor english...

Return to posts index

Shawn DunbarRe: C4D to AE Problem Please support me!
by on May 13, 2011 at 9:52:31 pm

If you want to post your scene file somewhere, I can take a look at it and tell you what precisely is going on. It may have something to do with the orientation of your plane.

Shawn Dunbar
http://www.dunbox.com

Return to posts index

by on May 13, 2011 at 10:20:07 pm

Hey Guys thanks for all the support you have gave me!!!

Really nice!!!

I guess i could get this problem done...

And what I did was to rotate the null object at the very first keyframe of the orientation and also by selecting al keyframes so the orientation doesn't change after in the timeline.....

that works at least for now but i am still wondering why AE rotate the null from c4d 90 degrees.

Because i have other projects and this don't happen.

But that's it!

Thanks a lot dudes!!

Return to posts index

cio mioRe: C4D to AE Problem Please support me!
by on Nov 7, 2012 at 7:10:13 pm

i have same sproblem and i need an urgent solution. please help guys .. i export my scene from ae to cinema 4d, and objects 90 degrees rotated. please help..

Return to posts index

Josemarcos GananRe: C4D to AE Problem Please support me!
by on Nov 8, 2012 at 8:40:46 am

When you export 3D scene from AE to C4D, the first creates a Null Object named the same of the scene, that you can move and rotate in C4D. From the other views than the Perspective, move and rotate this Null to position the camera in the center of the scene (aproximately) You don't need to use the C4D ground plane. Simply make a solid in the ground in AE and then export. This solid is a plane in C4D. Use that plane as ground in C4D.

Poor english...

Return to posts index

Doug OsborneRe: C4D to AE Problem Please support me!
by on Aug 9, 2013 at 2:46:31 pm

Solution: Select one of the planes that you're using for external compositing. Open Window/Attribute Manager. Under the "Object" tab, the last value is "Orientation." Anything you're using for external compositing should be set to "+Z".

This is because, as you see in the composting tag attributes, you're only feeding x and y size data to after effects, so you need the plane to be oriented on the z axis or it will foul things up.

I know this is an old thread, but it's still came in on top of my Google searches. This little problem caused me several hours of work, so hopefully this will help someone.

Return to posts index

Chris PettitRe: C4D to AE Problem Please support me!
by on Oct 11, 2013 at 1:56:26 am

Old thread, but problem exists, thanks for this post.

I've composited many times from C4D to AE, not sure why I never encountered this before, but your solution worked, thanks so much!

http://www.digitalskye.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]