ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Illustrator file updates not reloading correctly in After Effects CS5.5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liz SchererIllustrator file updates not reloading correctly in After Effects CS5.5
by on May 12, 2011 at 12:34:03 pm

When using CS5 I was able to insert new layers in my Illustrator document without causing a problem with After Effects. I could just load the new layer, re-load any other layers where I had made changes and all was well.

Now I have CS5.5 and inserting a layer into Illustrator anywhere except at the top will cause After Effects to display the contents of another layer, cropped to the size of the correct layer. Reloading does nothing. I have to go, and one by one, painstakingly replace footage with each layer above where I had made the change in Illustrator. Same layer name and all, but replacing footage works, reloading doesn't.

I have an AI file with about 100 layers on one artboard, after having issues with separate artboards in AE.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Liz

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Illustrator file updates not reloading correctly in After Effects CS5.5
by on May 12, 2011 at 2:07:23 pm

On Adobe's own AE forum, there have been rumblings about odd things happening in AE 10.5. You may want to check on your problem there:
http://forums.adobe.com/community/aftereffects_general_discussion

And don't be surprised if you're asked to file a bug report.

I gotta tell you; I have the CS 5.5 installer, I haven't installed it yet, and since I'm no IT wonk, I'm really gun shy about doing so. It just seems too wiggy at the moment.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]