ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using a stroke reveal as a track point

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan HargreavesUsing a stroke reveal as a track point
by on May 12, 2011 at 12:24:06 pm

Hey CoW people,

I'm working on a little logo animation using mask stroke effects to reveal the text and the 'lozenge' shape around it.

It'd be kind of cool to apply a sparky particle effect to the lozenge shape as it's revealed and the way to do this has me a bit stumped.

I tried pickwhipping the position of the particles to the 'end' value of the stroke effect, but this only moves it from the start position to the end without following the line. So how do I get the mask/stroke path data into Particular?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Using a stroke reveal as a track point
by on May 12, 2011 at 1:41:29 pm

Don't use stroke. Use Write-On -- it has brush position property in it that should do what you want.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

jeremy mintonRe: Using a stroke reveal as a track point
by on May 12, 2011 at 9:24:53 pm

I believe Dave's solution might be quicker...

Alternatively, you could also use a light emitter in particular and copy the mask path from your stroke layer to the position of the light.

Return to posts index

Dylan HargreavesRe: Using a stroke reveal as a track point
by on May 12, 2011 at 10:04:04 pm

Thanks guys. Will give your solutions a go. Found a workaround which was to copy the mask path to the position of a null, although for reasons I can't work out the copied path was significantly offset from the original.

Not too much trauma to reposition it, and doubtless a fairly simple explanation, but odd nonetheless.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]