ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to Changing all of the comps size in 1 time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anilio Sweet
How to Changing all of the comps size in 1 time
on May 12, 2011 at 11:58:05 am

Hi Everybody,

I have issue's with rendering and ram previeuw, gooing to slow.
and i need to finishing this up, but its taken to much time
Specs of laptob are to minor for this.

I bought a magazine trailer HD size
Comp settings i now have are 1980x1080 i want to change al my comp size to pal 720x576 i have now about 24 comps and i want bring those all bacht to pal dimensions.. hoping my AFX can work with this, before it always did fine.

But i really dont know how to do this... yeah i know one by one in the comp settings but i want, if possible to do it al in one time???
I know i have to change all of the pagese and bg /foto's / text and everry thing that is in each comp alsoo.. to muchhh :((

Could that be done or is that not possible and should i do it each comp by hand??

regards,

Anilio

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: How to Changing all of the comps size in 1 time
on May 12, 2011 at 12:16:19 pm

It's quite easy - go under File/Scripts and run the Change comp size one.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Anilio Sweet
on May 12, 2011 at 12:57:53 pm

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the info, unfortunally i dont have te script
Or it only has these options :

Change render location
Covert selected properties
Find and replace
Render and email
Scale compesition
Scale selected layers
Smart import
Sort layers by in point

Is it possible i could downlaod it somwhere??

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on May 12, 2011 at 1:23:54 pm

Scale Composition is the right name and not Change- sorry for that. So you have the script ...

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Anilio Sweet
on May 12, 2011 at 1:37:22 pm

Thanks<

ive tried that one already but it just changin ! of the dimesion
if i change te other one, the one i changed before is goin back to original size>>>... wel i try to do diffrent things.

Ted another questions
i noticied some thing strang with my afx program, i told before rendering is going to slow and takeni 17hours for 40 sec. and ramprevieuw for 10 sec with no fx enabled is taking !) min on A quarte SIZE.

wel suddely i noticed that my vieuw was looking verry verry sharp and good on quarter of my image< so wonderd if this is looking soo good how will it look if i put it on full image>>> and guess what?
my comp vieuw totaly changd and it looked edgy< text wasn:t good readble and not sharp and i thougt heyyy this wat it normally looks if i put i one a quarte size??? but now its on fullsize>>>

strange>> it looks like it switched???? but ramprevieuw isn"t faster now... AND RENDERING WITH RENDERQU is still taking to much time !) sec en its almost 25 MIN PAST AND IVE PUT the render quality on third??

any suggestens???

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 12, 2011 at 3:34:40 pm

[Anilio Sweet] "ive tried that one already but it just changin ! of the dimesion
if i change te other one, the one i changed before is goin back to original size"

The script maintains aspect ratio, so it will only work with an input of a single dimension.

You need to both scale and crop, since you are going from 16:9 to 4:3, so you will have to deal with the aspect ratio difference somehow, either by nesting your 16:9 comp within a 4:3 comp, or by scaling the comp to the appropriate height and then changing its horizontal dimensions to crop off the sides.

In either case, you may need to reposition elements if they were not originally 4:3 safe.

[Anilio Sweet] "wel suddely i noticed that my vieuw was looking verry verry sharp and good on quarter of my image< so wonderd if this is looking soo good how will it look if i put it on full image>>> and guess what?
my comp vieuw totaly changd and it looked edgy< text wasn:t good readble and not sharp and i thougt heyyy this wat it normally looks if i put i one a quarte size??? but now its on fullsize>>>"

If your view looks sharp at quarter-res, you are probably viewing it at 25% zoom. Viewing at full quality and scaling down to less than 100% may over-sharpen the image. If you're viewing at full, set the zoom to 100%.

If you're relatively new to After Effects, Todd Kopriva's introduction to AE [link] is worth reading.

[Anilio Sweet] "strange>> it looks like it switched???? but ramprevieuw isn"t faster now... AND RENDERING WITH RENDERQU is still taking to much time !) sec en its almost 25 MIN PAST AND IVE PUT the render quality on third??"

I'll bounce back into your other thread on performance to answer this.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Anilio Sweet
on May 12, 2011 at 5:26:59 pm

[Walter Soyka] "[Anilio Sweet] "ive tried that one already but it just changin ! of the dimesion
if i change te other one, the one i changed before is goin back to original size"

The script maintains aspect ratio, so it will only work with an input of a single dimension.

You need to both scale and crop, since you are going from 16:9 to 4:3, so you will have to deal with the aspect ratio difference somehow, either by nesting your 16:9 comp within a 4:3 comp, or by scaling the comp to the appropriate height and then changing its horizontal dimensions to crop off the sides.

In either case, you may need to reposition elements if they were not originally 4:3 safe.

THANKS I THINK I WILL MAKE THE TRAILER FROM SCRATS..it will be much easer and then from te start i wil make alll comps fisrt pal 720x567

[Anilio Sweet] "wel suddely i noticed that my vieuw was looking verry verry sharp and good on quarter of my image< so wonderd if this is looking soo good how will it look if i put it on full image>>> and guess what?
my comp vieuw totaly changd and it looked edgy< text wasn:t good readble and not sharp and i thougt heyyy this wat it normally looks if i put i one a quarte size??? but now its on fullsize>>>"

If your view looks sharp at quarter-res, you are probably viewing it at 25% zoom. Viewing at full quality and scaling down to less than 100% may over-sharpen the image. If you're viewing at full, set the zoom to 100%."

YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT, THANKS AGAIN

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on May 12, 2011 at 5:52:40 pm

Just to add to what Walter said- you can change the size of your comp to 1050x576 to maintain the aspect ratio of 16:9 and then when you render out you can "stretch"(change pixel aspect ratio) in the render queue settings to the PAL DV widescreen.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Anilio Sweet
on May 12, 2011 at 6:09:14 pm

Thanks...

but i think i wil make it from scratch... dont see to change 24 comps... i know still have to do it even from scratch.... but just dont know what happend that it takes 17hours.. to render... but thanks for all the help.... i really had it with this.... i woud make 100 bucks with this..i am a amateur.. but with al those problems.. no thanks.... it took me 3 day's and still no progresss... i just have to acklowledge that i am just not good enough for this and my laptobs specs cant handlle this!!

Manny many Thanks any way !!!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on May 12, 2011 at 6:48:14 pm

Don't give up just because you hit a wall- it's experiences like these that make you grow. Compared to a Mac clone- a Umax it was with a 604e processor- and AE 3.0 (that's the system I started working on), what you have now is a lot more advanced. It may take a bit of time, but if you keep going you'll get better and make more money and upgrade your system. I bet none of the folks you see answering questions on this forum had a smooth and painless learning curve with AE ;-)

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 12, 2011 at 7:56:45 pm

[Tudor "Ted" Jelescu] "Compared to a Mac clone- a Umax it was with a 604e processor- and AE 3.0 (that's the system I started working on), what you have now is a lot more advanced."

Walter Soyka's First Law of Computer Graphics: Expectations rise at the same rate as capabilities.

(This is actually true across all industries.)

I think we probably all spend about the same amount of time rendering now as we did years ago, but now we're putting out more iterations and better visuals.

[Tudor "Ted" Jelescu] "I bet none of the folks you see answering questions on this forum had a smooth and painless learning curve with AE ;-)"

I absolutely agree. Bumps and pain on that learning curve are the best teachers.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Anilio Sweet
on May 13, 2011 at 10:52:01 am

Thank you all for the motivation and kind words.
I'll do my best to work this out and will let you know what final product will look.

Thank you in advance

Anilio

Return to posts index

Anilio Sweet
on May 13, 2011 at 6:11:51 pm

Hi Guy's and Girls how are you all doing,

Dont no what happend, but as said i sstarted from scratch with the original bought trailer. And now AFX is doing "normal" it doesnt takes 10min to render 10 sec, now its just 3/4 min what is in my case ""normal speed"" due my pc specs. and also rendering in render Que is oke at normal speed, just as i am used of afx.

Workflow is just fine, adjusting keypoints is alsno no problem.
Yippppiieee

But i had a another question, since i am already here :P:P
I am adjusting everything from scratch so.. each time i adjust a keypoint or so... and i want to see how it looks i have to ramprevieuw it, but it start the whole time from second 0. That is oke beachause i want to see it from the start, but wat i dont want is that if i changes someting one say the 6sec a keypoint, i dont want that whats been already renderd out (the first 5 sec in this case)to render again, even i didn't made changes there??
Isnt there some thing that AFX can remember what he already renderd out so it doens't has to render each time from beginning??

Does it makes sence my question??
It time consuming.. and more becaese my pc isnt that fast.

Thanks again!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]