ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Keying in After Effects CS3

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard StevensKeying in After Effects CS3
by on May 12, 2011 at 8:34:29 am

I have a problem which I can't seem to find a solution for, and I'm not convinced that there is one either.

Basically I have a dancer shot in front of a green screen. The dancer is wearing clothes that are bright, different contrasting colors. The reason for this is that I want to select the clothing and change the colors of the various parts.

In the green screen shoot we flattened the lighting to minimise shadowing to make it easier to pick out the color. What that has done is effectively washed out the vibrancy a little bit.

In after effects the dancer has black make up around her eyes and mouth and a purple top. In the video the black make up seems to have picked up some purple for reasons I don't know (compression? reflection?) and so I have purple pixels on her face as well as on her top.

Is there a way to separate the purple pixels in the face from those on the clothes? Bearing in mind this will be a 3-4 minute video and not a still image.

I hope someone out there can help me!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Keying in After Effects CS3
by on May 12, 2011 at 10:24:18 am

A animate garbage mask shout be able to eliminate the area you do not want to affect in color grading - still a bit of roto for 3-4 minutes but it should be easy since the shape of the mask does not have to be exact. Mocha may be able to help you track a shape on the face.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved