ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D stroke question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven J Casey3D stroke question
by on May 11, 2011 at 10:31:51 pm

Hoping someone can help or point me to a tut for this. I have a map of the United States in 3D space. Trying to use 3D stroke to animate paths similar to what you see in airline magazines that show their routes (the arcs from one city to another) I want to fly the camera so that as the strokes are generating the angle moves from looking straight down (like an outer space view) at the map to sort of across the horizon, so the map is now flat into the distance and the strokes now arc through the air like the St Louis Arch. I'm able to see the strokes in 3D, the big problem is getting the end points on the correct place on the map and staying there. Is this possible?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: 3D stroke question
by on May 12, 2011 at 9:10:45 pm

Yes it is possible, but it might be tricky to get 3d Stroke to line up with the map where you want it. It'd be easier to use Particular set at no velocity (nor any velocity from motion), a high particle count, and long particle life.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved