ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rotating labels...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Albert Fung
Rotating labels...
on May 11, 2011 at 6:37:14 pm

Dear all,

I am currently working on a medical animation, and in a certain scene I have a 3D render of a liver, with a certain section labeled with text and a label line in After Effects.

The liver then rotates to a different view, and I'm hoping to have the label and label line follow the labelled section. The label text itself can be tweaked using the motion path, but I can't seem to figure out a good way to have the label line follow both the text, and the section it's supposed to point at.

I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea on how to approach this, or would it just be easier if I went into my 3D software package, create a thin cylinder that acts as a line, and render it with the liver.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Albert

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Rotating labels...
on May 11, 2011 at 6:50:53 pm

[Albert Fung] "...would it just be easier if I went into my 3D software package, create a thin cylinder that acts as a line, and render it with the liver."

Indeed it would. You could also attach that liver label while you're at it, saving future aggravation should you need to re-animate the 3D liver. Such things have been known to happen.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Rotating labels...
on May 12, 2011 at 2:53:58 am

if you wanted to do this in ae, you'd want to orbit the camera around the liver in the 3d program (vs. rotating the liver), then import the camera data into ae. that way the camera move will match the liver animation and any 3d layers you add in ae will match that move.

i don't know what 3d software you used, but i used to do this in cinema 4d many years ago (c4d 7 and ae5.5 i think) it was pretty new then, but i think it's a more common process now, so many 3d programs can probably export that data to ae.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]