ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS5 Rendering problems. In need of aid

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cristian Vaca
CS5 Rendering problems. In need of aid
on May 10, 2011 at 11:54:44 pm

Im working on a video now and I have a big project to work on so i need some advice. Thanks.

Before i had to reinstall AE cs5 i used the h.264 and the quality was really good and then i had to reinstall after effects and now that i got it to work(cs5) i use the same render settings and then i view it on windows media player and it looks like crap.. what the heck can i do?

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: CS5 Rendering problems. In need of aid
on May 11, 2011 at 12:49:59 am

Its better not to encode files directly from After Effects. Render in a lossless codec and use Adobe Media Encoder for your H264.

Return to posts index

Cristian Vaca
on May 11, 2011 at 1:35:06 am

Whats a good lossless codec? and do you have any idea what happened?

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on May 11, 2011 at 3:56:05 am

Animation is lossless. No idea what happened on your system.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on May 11, 2011 at 8:36:22 am

You probably used a .wmv preset with a low bitrate. I believe rendering from CS5 AE uses adobe media encoder, as all my render parameter choices are the same, either way. Every render, causes some quality loss so why render twice?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 11, 2011 at 12:15:45 pm

[Danny Hays] "I believe rendering from CS5 AE uses adobe media encoder, as all my render parameter choices are the same, either way."

Not quite. Not all AME options are available in AE.

I don't generally recommend rendering directly to H.264 from AE, because AE can't do multi-pass encoding through the render queue. Multi-pass encoding improves quality (especially at lower bit rates) and lowers file size.

Adobe Media Encoder is capable of multi-pass encoding, and you can add After Effects comps to the Adobe Media Encoder queue by opening adding the AEP file in AME -- but I don't believe AME can use AE's multiprocessing, so there could be a substantial performance hit.

[Danny Hays] "Every render, causes some quality loss so why render twice?"

Rendering and encoding are not really the same thing. First, AE renders a fully uncompressed RGB or RGBA frame into memory, then it passes it off to the encoder for compression and storage. Rendering is lossless, but encoding can be either lossless or lossy.

Rendering and encoding to a lossless format like QuickTime Animation (at 100% quality), QuickTime PNG, or certain image sequences does not cause any quality degradation (unless you are working at a deeper color depth than the codec accommodates). Lossless intermediate renders are perfect for bringing into a compression application and spitting out multiple encodes.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Cristian Vaca
on May 14, 2011 at 3:43:24 pm

Oh but can you give me render settings please? like what format and the options. I'm sorta new to CS5 and DSLRs.

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]