ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Inky Vector Reveal

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Morgan
Inky Vector Reveal
on May 10, 2011 at 10:08:14 pm

Hi I am currently doing a vector art based piece, in which I have en element that needs to seap out and where it leaks out the colour beneath changes.

Its fairly difficult to explain. I need a reveal mehod that is similar in style to some of my vector art images. I have some stock reveals, inky bleeds, and smoke elements that would all work as a track matte over the image that it would reveal to. However these organic elements are not what I wanted. I want it almost like the movement of an ink spill so it flows in smooth edged elements increasingly hitting areas and seaping together to fill the space.

I realise I could frame by frame animate a bezier mask to do what i need but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions before I go ahead and animate the reveal using a mask. Any help will be appreciated. thanks guys

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Inky Vector Reveal
on May 10, 2011 at 10:30:46 pm

Post some examples, it may be easier to understand what you're after.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Chris Morgan
on May 10, 2011 at 10:31:32 pm

I can link you to my cargo:

The final panes of the storyboard roughly show you some idea, and the other image is of the style of my piece.

http://payload.cargocollective.com/1/2/80503/1384078/StoryBoard3.jpg

http://payload.cargocollective.com/1/2/80503/1384078/Picture%2015.png

thanks

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on May 10, 2011 at 11:28:21 pm

At this moment nothing comes to mind except what your already mentioned- animated shapes that you can use as track mattes.
You may want to experiment with a simple shape ( ink splatter like) that grows (with and easy ease out) to the edge of the frame and a distortion layer on top- mesh warp or bezier warp- to make it more organic. Precomp and use as track matte as well.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Chris Morgan
on May 10, 2011 at 11:49:20 pm

Yeh that is what i was thinking. If anyone has a genius idea let me know, short of that I will crack on with some frame my frame growth! cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]