ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

freeze frame zoom

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Readfreeze frame zoom
by on May 9, 2011 at 9:11:39 pm

i'm editing some footage of people and need to introduce them in it so i've done a freeze frame and zoom on their face but i want to add more to it to make it cooler, anybody have some good ideas of good effects for it? i've tried a few things that look ok but wondering if there's anything i've not thought of or didn't know of

WhiteSurprise

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: freeze frame zoom
by on May 10, 2011 at 3:05:00 am

Change the tint/color when zoomed in,
Zoom in really fast, then drift,
Add a slight "Kid Stays in the Picture" effect as you drift, maybe orbit the camera slightly,
Add a couple of jump cuts once zoomed in ...?

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: freeze frame zoom
by on May 13, 2011 at 1:46:44 pm

What Steve already mentioned is the best approach, but you could add to that with more stylization during the zoom in ... only if appropriate for the content and subject matter.

For example, if it's a more whimsical type piece, the ever-popular cartoon look might work. However, if the subjects are business people, it might be more appropriate to do something like going B&W during the zoom and adding a digital type-on with some basic bio info. Hard to say not knowing the content/context.

Return to posts index

Chris ReadRe: freeze frame zoom
by on May 16, 2011 at 7:26:57 pm

thanks for the ideas, the context is quite tongue in cheek and comedic so the cartoony effect is worth a try, i've found a decent color for it but might now tweek to add to the cartoon effect of it, still trying to find the best effect for the zoom though, its only a short quick zoom and needs a bit of a swish to it, any ideas of what effect might work well?

WhiteSurprise

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]