ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rotobrush bug ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles BrepsantRotobrush bug ?
by on May 8, 2011 at 6:42:14 pm

Hello After Effects CS5 users,

I'm having somewhat of a problem with the rotobrush.

I start rotobrushing and thus create a span. I then move along my span to rotobrush my next frames, and everything is going fine until on some frames of my footage (that are undifferentiable from others at least to me), suddenly the rotobrush does not work anymore.

I can still click and use the green or red rotobrush, however when releasing the button, nothing happens. No rendering, no masking, nothing.

If i create a new span on a different position and come back to my problematic frame, it sometimes works, sometimes not.

If i create a new span on the problematic frame, i can see my pink mask marking the boundary of the whole frame, and when i rotobrush any part of it, the pink mask...goes away.

I cannot explain why it happens randomly on one or another frame, nor how to fix this problem. It becomes quite annoying and slows down my editing process.

Has anybody encountered this problem ? I've looked for it on the web, haven't found anything.

Any ideas, anybody ?

Charles, windows 7 user.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Rotobrush bug ?
by on May 9, 2011 at 7:36:31 pm

It's hard to know based on your verbal description. If you have a way to record your screen and post a movie of the issue, it's very likely that I'll be able to help.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved