ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Out of sync problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
willem tiemersma
Out of sync problems
on May 7, 2011 at 10:26:28 am

Hello,

Busy with an project with an really tight deadline. Actually i'm done, so i rendered the movie, only now it's running out of sync!

Used serval of stock footage, encoded it to .mov. Frame rate is at the comp settings and stock footage the same.

When i do a preview in after effects it seems to do well. But i just discovered that when i go full quality it's running out of sync.

What can i do to fix this problem asap?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Out of sync problems
on May 7, 2011 at 6:42:51 pm

What version of AE, what codec are you rendering to, what size and color space, what kind of audio files - mp3, wav, aiff.., what do you mean by out of sync at full resolution- does the image go faster than the audio, it studders...?
Answer the above questions and you may get a solution.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

willem tiemersma
on May 7, 2011 at 7:01:07 pm

Hi Ted,

Sorry for not being really clear with my question. But i all ready fixed it, not sure what the problem exactly is but here's what went wrong.

And i guess the .mp3 was the problem.
But the weird thing is that it only happened today, last days it was just fine.

The audio was slowed down (pitched down), so everything was out of sync. But it was very minor, so at first i even didn't knew it was slowed down. Also the audio track was exactly the same length as before.
Not sure how to call it but if i cmd+click on my timeline and move the timeline over my project the audio was perfectly in sync. Really weird, cause then it also should be out of sync.

Also checked the frame rates but there was nothing wrong with it.

What i did was rendering it out. Somehow the audio was normal again, and everything was in sync again.

Only in after effects it was out of sync.
Curious what it could be, but next time i will stick to .wav files.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on May 7, 2011 at 7:46:12 pm

Yep, mp3 will do that- if that's all you have convert it next time to wav or aiff and you should be fine.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]