Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy one after the other

• one after the other

Posted by Francisco Queimadela on March 4, 2009 at 11:43 pm

hello, I’ve been a user of apple final cut pro for several years, but lately the problems seem to be never ending. I’ve clearly got some issue with my codecs library, before I could not export movies, in any file type, a GENERAL ERROR message would pop up just at the end of the export, now I cannot even import movies, the program immediately sends out a message stating that there is A problem with the codecs… Does anybody have any idea for solving this? I’ve tried about everything I could remember, but still the problem persists.
    Thank you!

FQ

Shane Ross replied 15 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Shane Ross

March 5, 2009 at 12:11 am

Sounds like time to get drastic. When things get so bad that you have many and huge issues, it is time to back up all of your files, reformat the system drive, reinstall the OS, and then reinstall FCP.

Although you might try to just remove FCP and reinstall it only using this application:
    https://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcs_remover.htm

I myself tend to get drastic and want a solution I know will work and not to waste time messing about. I tend to reformat and install. Then, when the system is up and running and working well, CLONE that to another drive so that if this happens again, I simply erase the system drive and clone back the working system.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD…don’t miss it.
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy