FORUMS: list search recent posts

mixed mac/pc Adobe editing environment with Linux shared storage

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Collins
mixed mac/pc Adobe editing environment with Linux shared storage
on Aug 10, 2018 at 8:39:36 pm

Our facility wants to move to a mixed mac/pc Adobe environment. We have a large Linux server that all our computers are connected to. Problem is that file paths for media in Premiere are seen differently because of "\" and "/" used by pc's/macs. So any project saved on a pc will have all media offline and scratch disks defaulted to local drive(instead of server) when opened on a mac, or vise versa. Wondering if there is a app or script that can be put on the server to modify file paths so premiere sees them the same regardless if one is working on a pc or mac? Any advice would be helpful. We are running Windows 10 on the PCs and High Sierra on the macs.

Return to posts index

Jerzy Zbyslaw
Re: mixed mac/pc Adobe editing environment with Linux shared storage
on Aug 14, 2018 at 6:15:11 pm

Don't know if this suggestion is of any use or not but I'll have a go but better have a network expert offer a comment on this, anyway I suggest disabling SAMBA, CIFS and SMB and install NFS and have all machines connect to the Linux server via NFS only, you may have to upgrade Windows 10 to I think the enterprise version as that is the only one that supports NFS.

Return to posts index

Howard Solomon
Re: mixed mac/pc Adobe editing environment with Linux shared storage
on Sep 27, 2018 at 1:26:40 pm

Hi,
You might benefit from looking at Tiger Technology's Spaces software.
https://www.tiger-technology.com/software/tiger-spaces/
Spaces will overcome the issues you are referring to.
H

Howard Solomon
Creative Business Technologies

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]