FORUMS: list search recent posts

Server or something

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Server or something
on Jun 12, 2018 at 7:09:43 pm

I'm looking for the best option to connect 2 iMac Pro's together so we can edit off the same drive. I'm looking at the QNAP TVS-1282T3 unless it makes more sense to use or do something else. Any thoughts on the TVS-1282T3?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Server or something
on Jun 12, 2018 at 8:28:22 pm

on the way !

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Nathaniel Cooper
on Jun 13, 2018 at 3:36:28 am

QNAP makes a good server at a low cost. Like with many technology options, compare it to the market from 5 or 10 years ago and it's twice the product at a forth of the cost.

That said, the question is a bit like saying 'I want the best camera on the market, how is the Canon 5D?' Is it a high quality professional camera? Yes. Would you pick it over shooting on a Red camera? Depends on the application, but if someone asks for the best camera, we'd probably all pick something other than a 5D.

If what you need is no frills network shares, then the QNAP is a good option that people have had success with. If you want the best, generally our market lands on Quantum, Avid, ProMAX, EditShare and SNS; all good products. One of our customers Blue Juice just did a really nice video recently on our stuff, you can see it here.

Good luck!

Nathaniel Cooper @ ProMAX Systems

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 19, 2018 at 7:35:39 pm

Bob and Nathaniel, thanks for the help. I'm after the "no frills network shares". Bob gave me a call and we got everything worked out. I'm excited to stop sharing hard drives and being on the QNAP.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]