FORUMS: list search recent posts

Server or something

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Stephen Smith
Server or something
on Jun 12, 2018 at 7:09:43 pm

I'm looking for the best option to connect 2 iMac Pro's together so we can edit off the same drive. I'm looking at the QNAP TVS-1282T3 unless it makes more sense to use or do something else. Any thoughts on the TVS-1282T3?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Server or something
on Jun 12, 2018 at 8:28:22 pm

on the way !

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Nathaniel Cooper
Re: Server or something
on Jun 13, 2018 at 3:36:28 am

QNAP makes a good server at a low cost. Like with many technology options, compare it to the market from 5 or 10 years ago and it's twice the product at a forth of the cost.

That said, the question is a bit like saying 'I want the best camera on the market, how is the Canon 5D?' Is it a high quality professional camera? Yes. Would you pick it over shooting on a Red camera? Depends on the application, but if someone asks for the best camera, we'd probably all pick something other than a 5D.

If what you need is no frills network shares, then the QNAP is a good option that people have had success with. If you want the best, generally our market lands on Quantum, Avid, ProMAX, EditShare and SNS; all good products. One of our customers Blue Juice just did a really nice video recently on our stuff, you can see it here.

Good luck!

Nathaniel Cooper @ ProMAX Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]