FORUMS: list search recent posts

Storage for HD video

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aparna Shome
Storage for HD video
on Jul 12, 2016 at 8:34:25 am

Dear Sir,
I am located in India. My company is a small production house and planning to upgrade the facilities to HD production(50 Mbps). We want a MAM -automation solution which will be able to handle 2 base band ingest, 1 file ingest, 1 playout and 10 edit suites. We have been offered various solutions by different vendors but we are bit confused about the selection of storage. The offers we have got are as follows 1. DDP 16D with HD8 Pack 2. Dell NX3330 with MD1400 3. Vstor. Can anybody throw some light which one will be the most suitable for our purpose regarding performance, stability and support.

with thanks and regards

Aps Kolkata

Return to posts index

alex gardiner
Re: Storage for HD video
on Jul 12, 2016 at 5:39:55 pm

Of the three I'd go with DDP.

They build products are actually designed for video storage.

Bob will be along to tell you more about this in a moment, but trust me - you need to get in bed with a storage company that understands the ins and outs of what you're doing.

Short answer - but probably the right one.

alex@indiestor.com
Open Source Shared Storage

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jul 12, 2016 at 8:56:08 pm

Neil Sadwelkar
the top engineer in Mombai

http://www.sadwelkar.com/neil.htm

If he cannot help you, you are in trouble.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Aparna Shome
on Jul 13, 2016 at 5:01:13 am

Thank you so much Mr. Alex and Mr. Bob for your prompt responde.

With regards,

Aps Kolkata

Return to posts index

John Diel
on Jul 13, 2016 at 5:09:17 pm

Hello.
ProMAX offers several solutions to address your needs. Our Online 1000 and 2000 shared storage servers are two excellent choices. Platform's fully integrated MAM has simple-to-use, fully automated options and can easily address your HD Production workflow for 2 base band ingest, 1 file ingest, 1 playout and 10 edit suites. I'd be happy to provide you with a live demo today and review your specific needs and refer you to one of our partners in India.

ProMAX Platform enables media professionals to render, transcode, manage and share media assets, backup and archive all in one simple-to-use, workflow server. The ProMAX Online shared storage servers offer performance bandwidth starting at 650MB/sec to 1200MB/sec on one server. All new solutions include one year free support as well.

Send me an email and lets set up a call and demo - john.diel@promax.com.
John

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
on Jul 20, 2016 at 5:10:23 am

Aparna contacted me offline. I'm figuring out here exact requirements. May even be travelling to her city sometime in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile if anyone has any leads on reps for storage in India, specifically in Kolkata, that would be helpful.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

Dibyendu Das
on Jul 26, 2016 at 12:20:15 pm
Last Edited By Dibyendu Das on Jul 26, 2016 at 2:01:04 pm

Dear Ms Shome,

I am sure by vStor you are referring to the Apace Systems, vStor. The good news is that it is the only heterogenous HPC platform with a shrink wrap production power house available globally, independent of any format with the Edit-in-Place functionality, MAM, USM & HSM Archive on every individual system node as a complete package and is the Tier-1 manufacturer for products supporting the Tier-2 OEMS and System Integration Partners globally.

Apace is the only triple certified Adobe Partner for their hybrid cluster requirement and do have excellent promising support for the area you are based out of. They are laser focussed on the support and the over all build of their systems are excellent. It has been deployed in more than 400+ Facilities who require a 24x7 High Availibility systems with more than 1750+ Systems deployed Globally.

Bob is quite familiar with the System and even if you search the forum just by "vStor" , i am sure you can mine a lot of data right from the string for comparison in terms of the others. If you do require any further information i am just at 2 hrs drive away from your facility. All the very best for your Set-up.

Thanks & Regards,

Dibyendu Das
Mobile : +91 9560748669
Email : das_dibyendu@ymail.com | dibyendu_das@me.com

Return to posts index

Dibyendu Das
on Jul 26, 2016 at 11:34:45 am

We would request you to please go through the following thread.
https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/197/855153

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
on Jul 27, 2016 at 7:54:05 am

Dibyendu the post you linked to is from 2008. EIGHT years ago.

A helluva lot has changed since then. Why, some hugely dramatic changes came to the NLE universe from just 2011-12.
Avid ISIS (now Nexis), EditShare, and others have made many changes in their systems and pricing.

So, while I'm not doubting that vStor from Apace may be a capable shared storage system for multiple editing systems, you're going to have to show us some more recent case studies.

Also, when you say "Apace is the only triple certified Adobe Partner" you need to substantiate that. I visited the Adobe partner program web site an tried searching for vStor or Apace and could find neither.

We are always on the lookout for newer better systems than what we work with at the present.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

Dibyendu Das
on Jul 27, 2016 at 10:12:43 am

Hi Neil, The ref of the post was just to emphasise on the satisfaction of an end user when his systems simply works and over perform than their expectation, the good news is that they are still retained with us even after 8 years and also years to come.

It would be really nice if you go through our website link for the news section for our recent development.
http://www.apacesystems.com/news/index.php

Also we are the platform who virtualise Anywhere Platform natively on our System, i.e means every single node of Apace Storage Server is a built-in Anywhere Enabled Build without the requirement of additional servers.

In India, we recently have an installation for Small Screen Television Pvt Ltd, a multi facility production house who work for Discovery, Fox, History Channel HD, TV18 etc with 15 HD edit suit on Adobe CC Collaborative Platform. Their workflow is completely standardised over 2K & 4K HD for production and they are using our 3U cluster hybrid build with our PostMAM Pro. They reported that the system does not even drop a single frames even if it is 98-99% full, We are extremely happy to have and serve them for their versatile business growth, they achieved after the deployment as they don't have any hazard of re-transcoding the file to native format and vice versa.

Secondly we have the bigger system of 4U build for Prasad Corp who is our OEM partner for India, and they are a restoration lab globally along with heterogenous broadcast facility with, DI, Edit & Archive, and undoubtedly quite critical workflow. Before their association with Apace for the OEM strategy for this geography they have practically PoC every solution available across the globe that fits their expectation of support, performance & flexibility, Apace finally became the chosen one in the Race on an exclusive level.

I am sure we can take forward our discussion and lets work our some mile stone project you have in your mind. We also have fantastic operation in India with the complete tiered support ecosystem to support any size of enterprise project.

Thanks & Regards,

Dibyendu Das
Mobile : +91 9560748669
Email : das_dibyendu@ymail.com | dibyendu_das@me.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]