FORUMS: list search recent posts
podcasts

SAN Recommendations

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Baumchen
SAN Recommendations
on Mar 6, 2015 at 5:11:45 pm

We currently have a Rorke Galaxy Aurora 48TB SAN/8GB Fibre attached to four workstations. Our files are a combination of Panasonic P2 (720P, 4-2-2, 10bit, AVC-100), AVI, MP4, H.264, PSD, AI.....

Also, the current fibre cards, (ATTO), installed in the workstations have a conflict with the Panasonic AJ-PCD35 card reader. (still works but you have to boot the machine with P2 cards installed to read them.)

Our O/S is Win7-64.

Since Rorke Data has been sold, know that the EOL of this product is most likely not all that far away and I'm seeking recommendations for something to replace it.

Can someone give me a suggestion for a system that is reliable, fast, and easy to maintain?

Cheers.

Return to posts index

Nate Cooper
Re: SAN Recommendations
on Mar 6, 2015 at 5:37:24 pm

Hey John,

The good news is you have some good options, all of which are solid systems and perform well. I'm with ProMAX Systems, our solution is Platform which you can check out at http://www.promax.com/platform That said, in the past I've work with and implemented SNS, Facilis & Quantum - all of which are great products.

If you want to dig into ProMAX Platform let me know and I'm happy to dig into details on why it's awesome.

Best,

Nate Cooper
nate.cooper@promax.com
(949) 861-2725

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 6, 2015 at 9:58:58 pm

I only respond to cause trouble.
John said EASY TO MAINTAIN -
Nate knows very well, that Quantum is NOT easy to maintain.
Nate's company - ProMax is an excellent product that is easy to maintain, as is Studio Network Solutions, Facilis, Editshare, Maxx Digital, Small Tree, Accusys, Tiger Technology, etc. etc. What is NOT easy to maintain is Quantum, XSAN, Nexsan, Isilon, EMC, NetApp.
Those are products designed to keep IT managers employed.

You have lots of options out there today.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Martin Calderwood
on Mar 1, 2016 at 6:17:27 pm

Hi John,

If you have had good success with the old Galaxy RAID's, and are looking to either replace them or need support parts, I can help you with both. Caen Eng has been an Infortrend reseller for over 25 years, and if you send me an email to martin at caeneng dot com, I will gladly show you the latest solutions offered as well as any replacement parts for your older solutions at very discount prices. Look forward to hearing from you.

Martin Calderwood
President
Caen Engineering, Inc.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 2, 2016 at 9:17:50 pm

Hi -
I just want to know if Ajax Diner on Courthouse Square is as good as they say.
And if I send you my Rorke Galaxy, can you send me some of that smoked catfish dip, and
country fried steak. I will even pay shipping !

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Martin Calderwood
on Mar 2, 2016 at 10:42:06 pm

Hey Bob,

Actually yes, AJAX diner is one of the better places on the square, the Big Easy sandwich is a heart attack waiting to happen, Country Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, lima beans on a burger bun. My wife and I actually need to share it to finish it, lol.

I guess you have visited this quaint little town before?

Moved here 3 years aqgo and I swear it's Calif in 1977 all over again.

Love it here.

On the Galaxy RAID, I can get parts for any of those, and we can really do some great things with the current pricing on any new ones. Let me know,

Martin Calderwood
President
Caen Engineering, Inc.
martin@caeneng.com

Return to posts index

John Baumchen
on Mar 7, 2016 at 9:50:35 pm

Thanks Martin,

We use the NAS primarily as one prong of a backup for the SAN, and power it down when not backing up. I've found that if there is a power outage, the controller card really doesn't like power surges. I've replaced two int he past three years from outages that occurred on weekends.

Email is on it's way.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]