FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time Lapse with HDX900

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark D'Agostino
Time Lapse with HDX900
on Aug 29, 2008 at 8:52:29 pm

A while back I posted regarding using the time lapse feature of the HDX900 and how I got great results from that. Robin Probyn was concerned that doing time lapse with the 900 would beat the heads up. Doing more tests to work out some timing questions I realized that the camera does not constantly start and stop with every frame(s) recorded. It buffers the information then records it in blocks. On one test the camera only actually put the material to tape approximately every two and a half minutes. While I wouldn't want to do a full day time lapse with this camera, (In that case I agree with Robin's suggestion to use a still camera), I'm comfortable that running the camera in the interval mode for a couple hours will not put any undo stress on it.
A still camera will have a higher resolution but if I'm cutting time lapse shot on the 900 into "normal" footage shot on the 900 I'm okay with its resolution. The best part is that I can watch the finished time lapse immediately in the field to confirm that the rates I've chosen for the scene give the exact effect I want.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Mark D

Mark D'Agostino
http://www.synergeticproductions.com

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
Re: Time Lapse with HDX900
on Aug 31, 2008 at 1:42:22 pm

Thanks for the update.

So you can view straight from camera to monitor via BNC... ? or do you need firewire to PC?
When I used the varicam for slow mo..had to use frame rate converter.. pain in the arse really... to view in the field.

Thanks

Robin

Return to posts index

Mark D'Agostino
on Sep 2, 2008 at 1:20:06 pm

Hi Robyn,
I'm using the HDX900, not the varicam so I don't know about viewing slomo direct from the camera to monitor. I can view time lapse from the hdx900 with a monitor via bnc.

Mark

Mark D'Agostino
http://www.synergeticproductions.com

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Sep 2, 2008 at 1:26:07 pm

Ok thanks.... interesting..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]