FORUMS: list search recent posts

New MacBook Pro 15" Glossy

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven J. Gilbert
New MacBook Pro 15" Glossy
on Dec 1, 2008 at 2:22:05 pm

I am still doing research and always want to be confortable with the decisions I make. I am considering the new MacBook Pro 15" for editing, but am disappointed with the glossy display and one firewire connection. The problem is I edit for other client that give me their footage on DVCAM/DV. If I get a G-Tech external HD I guess I have to capture to the system drive first and transfer to the external drive before editing. If I purchased a 17" MacBook it has a matte screen and 2 firewire inputs. I am also considering a 23" LCD display while they last and not the Glossyt 24" LED. The 23" are matte as well. Should I consider any other solutions, because the SDHC can go into the Express Card adaptor, but the other formats may be of concern? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: New MacBook Pro 15" Glossy
on Dec 1, 2008 at 6:01:11 pm

I'd go with the 17" and the 23" display and get 'em soon before they disappear. Or even get a refurb 15" matte screen with the right number of ports. As a longtime 15" MacBook Pro FCP editor I gotta say I hate the glossy screen and don't know what they were thinking by eliminating the FW400 port- as it's incredibly useful.

Noah

Check out My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]