FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVX 24p/60i-24p newbie questions

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grayson Sedory
DVX 24p/60i-24p newbie questions
on Nov 17, 2008 at 9:00:03 pm

Hi, Im using the DVX-100a from my school. The DP on my project shot the day of shooting on 24pA (unknowingly) and thus from what i've read, I better have her shoot the rest on 24pA too correct?

Also I would like to do some after effects editing but when I import the footage to AE there are extra frames that are blurry. I've interpreted the footage but maybe im doing something wrong, if somone has an idea that would be great (step by step specifics would be great too...i've taught myself everything i know about after effects so i'm still a newbie when it comes to many of the simplest ae terms.)

Lastly, I have read a lot about turning 60i footage into 24p creating a smooth 40% slow motion. I took some shots of my roommate tossing something up and down in 60i but I can't seem to get the slow motion to work. First of all i import the footage with FCP 5 with the standard dv ntsc settings. It imports at 29... fps (is that right?) and then if I put it into a 24p timeline it will render and just play at the normal speed. I have heard you have to de-interlace...so I brought the 60i footage at 29...fps into AE and interpreted the footage turned off the fields and tried to slow it down and did not receive a good quality shot from that. Knowing that I have FCP 5 and AEcs3 if someone could give me explicit instructions on how to accomplish this slow motion I would be greatly appreciative, my film classes have more to do with the production process than post and it doesn't seem like anyone around here has the knowledge to answer my questions. Thanks

Return to posts index

curtis anders
Re: DVX 24p/60i-24p newbie questions
on Jan 30, 2009 at 3:04:52 pm

did you ever found out how to capture 60i frrames yet! I'm haing the same problem. Do you know any other software that I can use that can capture 60i. I've tried at them other tricks to get SLO MO, but they don't work well. I believe my problem in that when I capture the footage, it only capture at 29.97. so it's leaving a lot of frames out, that making me lose a good slo mo effect. could you please help!! I have a video shoot soon & nee this SLO MO effect. I don't have HD only dvx100a. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]