FORUMS: list search recent posts
podcasts

DVC80 Jumpy picture

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Lane
DVC80 Jumpy picture
on Jun 21, 2008 at 3:23:15 am

I know I am probably not going to like the answers, but I am having a problem with my DVC80. so I thought I'd start here.

When I went out to shoot today, I noticed that the 80 was making a noise. The noise sounded similar to when you'd put an old VHS tape in a vcr and play it. The problem is, it was making this noise before I put a tape in, so I knew that it wasn't the tape. As I started to shoot, I thought I could see a jumping in the image sporadically. Because the viewfinder image is so small, it was tough to tell. When I got back and checked the tape, sure enough, the image was jumping vertically. The jump was sporadic, and was usually only a line or so, but was quite noticeable (it looked like handheld jitter, but only vertically).

I hooked the camera directly up to a large-screen HDTV and pointed it at a wall (on a tripod), and turned the camera on. Sure enough, you can clearly see the sporadic jumping of the image. Sometimes just a line or so, sometimes a bit more...and I could still hear the noise.

I tried....
Turning on and off the image stabilizer...no change
I tried changing various settings....no change
I used the reset button on the camera to set everything back to factory specs....no change.

anyone have any ideas?? I know, I know, get it repaired professionally :)
As I am shooting on a nearly daily basis, that would suck, so if anyone has any other ideas :)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVC80 Jumpy picture
on Jun 21, 2008 at 2:41:59 pm

Perhaps the gyro is stuck inside or maybe a loose connection. In either case, time to get it sent out for repair at a Panasonic service center.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Ray Lane
Re: DVC80 Jumpy picture
on Jun 21, 2008 at 6:15:54 pm

Seems to make sense, that would explain the whiring sound. Unfortunately, the repair center isn't open 'til Monday :(

Thanks for your help!

Ray Lane
Visual Dreams

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]